Interaction Brief: Playtesting Version 2

The Second version of my game was much more successful than my first playtest.
Taking into account the advice I was given during the first playtest, I changed the board layout so that it was less confusing and longer so that the game wasn't over quite so fast, but in doing this I made the board too long with too many spaces, making the playtime of the game too long.

I also added a physical coin system and made the rules a bit more clear as to what happens when a card is not applicable and how many warriors a player can have. I also added an 'Attack' system so the game becomes more competitive.

Other advice I have been given through this play test includes:
  • Adding another deck of cards to allow players to get 'loot' instead of having a few OMEN cards that include loot.
  • The start of the game is too slow and boring.
  • Making the board a little shorter and a little more exciting.
  • Changing the amount of 'Warriors' the player has.
Self Reflection: This playtest gave me a lot of useful information that I can learn and adapt my board game from, such as playtime, and complexity, my next step will be to revisit the board, and to create more cards to ensure players have a higher chance of getting loot faster.

Comments

Popular Posts