Interaction Brief: Play testing Version 1

I was able to use my initial prototype to get my first play test completed so that I could get feedback on my Board game idea, and further develop it.




There were many things that the people playtesting my board game said needed improving, some of these things include:
  • Making the Board layout more precise, so that players don't get confused as to which way they can and cant go, and which route they can take.
  • Refining the rules so that it includes things such as how many of your warriors you can have out at one time.
  • Adding a more competitive element to the game, as it felt like it was too easy to win, and there was no real player interaction.
  • Clarifying what happens when a card is not applicable
  • Adding a physical coin system instead of having to make a mental note.
Self Reflection: Playtesting my game has given me a really clear idea of which direction I need to be heading in next, with both my design and my rules, this initial playtest has also helped me to understand the importance of playtesting my game, and the benefits that come with it.

Comments

Popular Posts