Research - Getting inspiration for the aesthetic of 'Rustic' Cafes

 When looking at café interiors for the inner walls of the café, I looked mainly at more Rustic cafes. Rustic cafes tend to have tattered and worn brick walls on the inside, and they tend to go for  more industrial aesthetic, while also trying to keep it cosy with a lot of plants, string lights and memorabilia on the walls.

I gathered a collection of photos so that I knew what the aesthetic of this build was going to be before moving on to any of the prop modelling. 


Once I knew exactly the aesthetic I was going for and had looked at countless photos that show the kind of things you find within cafes with this aesthetic I then made a short list of all the props  could see in the photos that I would need to build to fill this space and make it look as aesthetically pleasing and realistic as possible.

That list was as follows:

- Cake counter
- Normal Counter
- Drink Fridge
- Coffee machine 
- Tables 
- Sofa seating
- Chair seating
- Menu boards
- Table decorations
- Wall decorations
- Wall plants
- Hanging plants
- Wall lights (LEDs?)
- Ceiling Lights
- Spot ceiling lights for behind counter
- Coffee Cups
- Bottles 
- Table flowers
- Display shelf 
- Coffee Bean bags for display

The next step will be for me to start modelling and texturing some of the bigger props that will take longer from this list such as the Counters, fridges and seating options.



Comments

Popular Posts