Creating Restrictive Props - Stairs

 The next prop I wanted to make was the stair prop. This prop will allow players to climb to the second level of the café, giving them a height advantage on any players below.

Stairs in Maya:



A lot like the bush texture, I felt like I needed to give substance sampler another go while making the stairs. I wanted the base of the stairs to look like a bunch of pebbles/ stones that have been stuck into concrete. To do this I found a stone wall JPEG on the internet and simply imported it into substance sampler,  then proceeded to mess with the settings until I found a texture that I liked, then imported it into substance painter to finish the texture.

Stone Wall texture:


The secondary texture on the stairs for the part you would actually step on is a simple walnut wood texture from substance painter's default textures.


Stairs in Unity:




Comments

Popular Posts