Leaving Room to potentially upscale the project if time allows

 After thinking about exactly what I wanted and needed to build this level, I began thinking of a potential bigger map that I could expand into. I knew that my time was limited and that the chances that I got to fully complete this map would be slim, but I wanted to see if I could push myself, and also begin to think about this game as a game again instead of just a building. 

So after much thought I came up with this map idea:

There are 4 central buildings surrounding a centre piece' which will likely later be a statue, only 2 of the 4 buildings, on opposite sides of the middle point would be enterable, both offering vantage points and also routes that lead to and away from each spawn, giving players more room to move and hide if the need arises within the game.


I will of course focus on and finish the café build before even putting anything on the outside of the level, to ensure the café is complete and looks presentable. However it is nice to know that if the cafe does get completed and I have time left, that I can move on to other parts of this traversable map. 


This of course meant me changing the way that the café was positioned slightly, although using the same models and textures, so this only took me around a half hour to do. 


The cameras I had set up also needed to move, so I did so, moving them to slightly better vantage points to see the map as it grew.


Comments

Popular Posts