Props: Cake Fridge & Cakes

 To begin the prop modelling process, I decided to model the Cake fridge, as I knew this along side a few others were going to be the hardest ones to model and texture to fit the style I am looking for. 

I started by looking at different types of cake fridges, and settled on the most common one to be found within the UK, a cake display cabinet, normally with 3 or 4 shelves displaying sponge cakes etc.

Cake Fridge Model in Maya:


Cake Fridge model textured:


Once the cake display fridge was modelled and ready to be placed in unity, it seemed like the logical next step to fill the display fridge with cakes to make the place look more alive. To do this I simply bevelled a cylinder in Maya and added a very low poly sphere to act as a cherry. I then exported them and textured them in substance, before adding them all into unity and making them a prefab so they were ready when I needed to construct the scene.

Cakes Modelled:



Cakes Textured:



Cake fridge model (and filling) in Unity:



Comments

Popular Posts