FMP Pre Production - Building the Unity Scene


When implementing the items I had mocked up in Maya into unity I did it in steps, as follows.

Step1: Place the base map I had modelled including the non enterable buildings and the map floor. All of these then has a box collider added to them so the player wouldn't fall through the map.



Step 2: I then placed all of the walls, floors and ceilings for the enterable buildings, as well as the outline of the courtyard. This made my vision of the map come more to life.


Step 3: Adding extra props, such as pillars, balconies, back caged areas, flower pots, lamps and bins. These are implemented to help players hide/ take cover. This also included table and chair props for the beer garden at the back of the bar.




Step 4: Interior Props. I next included all of the orange interior prop meshes that would eventually become properly fleshed out props, within buildings.









Step 5: Player Implementation & implementing camera and movement



Step 6: Implementing Ability Orbs



Comments

Popular Posts