Research: Location and Clothing

To enable me to further my research into what sort f things happened around the time my game is set, and how people lived, i looked into the art styles, clothing and location in which my game is set. 

Location is a key thing to look into whilst designing a game, as even though something may be set in the same country, there are rich and poor parts of the country, and people live different lives depending on where in the country you research. The location that my game is set at is Dovercourt, a seaside town in Essex. Around the time, Dovercourt was considered a popular holiday destination, and people would flock to the beaches around the time to spend their summer holidays there. This would therefore make it a relativity wealthy place for the time, with the revenue from the tourist hotspots, such as the famous lighthouse.




Due to the fact that it would have been a relativity wealthy area, and with it being a holiday destination, I looked into what sort of clothing would be worn by the wealthy and holiday makers within Edwardian times.






Comments

Popular Posts