Art & Design: Final Product and Self Reflection


My final product didn't come out exactly how I had first imagined it, although it did come out pretty similar, it was minor hiccups along the way that caused it to chance as well as finding some things trickier to complete than others. 

Although he game didn't come out exactly the way I wanted it to, I still really like the way that my game looks, and the way that it plays. If I were to have more time on this project I would have improved/ added a few things though.

When doing this project, there are many things that I could learn from ready for the next project. One of these includes time management. Within this project I took it very slow at the beginning. By doing this I gave myself less time to refine things that needed it toward the end, therefore leaving my game at a lower standard than I originally wanted it to be. For the next project, it would be nice to have a schedule and set it out so that I know exactly what I should be doing each week, whether that be through base camp or just written down on paper. With a schedule it would be much easier for me to know what my weekly goals are and to complete then all on time without being rushed.

Another thing that I could learn from ready for next time would be that I would dive into things that I didn't yet know how to do and try to learn them myself. This led to me messing things up that could have been avoided, which in turn put me back. For the next project I think it would be beneficial that I look up how something is done or ask for guidance before rushing into it. This was I have at least a slight idea what i am doing before I do it. Keeping me on track and breaking fewer things.

The final thing that I can take away from this project is that things can be easier than I believe they are. When I went off and tried to figure something out on my own, if I got it to work it was usually the longer way round. Only then to look up another way or be told there is a faster way to do something. 

Overall, my project came out well, and I believe that it captures the visual I had in my head when I first read the H.P.Lovecraft passage as inspiration.

This project helped me to learn a little more about 3D modelling and how to implement this into Maya through fbx files and prefabs. It was also good to learn a little more about Unity 3D as i have not used unity 3D in the past, only 2D.

This project helped me to further my skills in multiple areas, among those: Concept art, Photoshop, UV mapping, Unity 3D and Maya modelling.


If i were to do this project again, I would add a lot more detail into the UV maps that i custom made in Photoshop. I was more focused on making sure they all fit back into Maya than I was making sure they were the right colour, brightness etc.

The Start UI










Story UI

Beginning of the game

Dialogue throughout

Georgian Houses

Railway Line


Items inside the factory stacked

The chemicals or 'End goal'

End Screen






Comments

Popular Posts